- Direct fit for the BMW F8X M3, M4, and M2 Competition
- Includes S55 Performance Intercooler, Heat Exchanger, and Charge Pipe Kit
- 6.7°C drop in intake air temperatures and 6°C reduction in global intercooler coolant temperatures
- Dyno-proven average power gains of 11 whp and 8 wtq with peak gains of up to 31 whp and 10 wtq on stage 1 tuned vehicle
- Intercooler features unique bar-and-plate, single-pass coolant passage design, and cast aluminium end tanks for optimal flow and cooling capacity
- Intercooler core volume increased by 29% with 16% improved flow
- Heat exchanger features all-aluminium construction with 180% increase in fin surface area and 60% increase in core volume
- Heat exchanger includes optional stone guard for added protection against road debris
- Heat Exchanger utilizes variable fin pitch for improved flow to DCT cooler
- Charge pipes feature full aluminium construction and cast midsection for maximum durability and perfect fitment
- Charge pipes include matte silicone couplers for sleek and secure connection to intercooler
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
BMW has a knack for maintaining its stake as the benchmark when it comes to performance luxury vehicles, with the F8X generation being no exception. The S55 that powers the 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3, M4, and M2 Competition is dripping with technology, which includes an air-to-water intercooling system as a means of keeping cool. Where BMW’s intercooling system design was enough to help bring this generation of mid-sized M’s to their peak, we here at Mishimoto found some weaknesses that we felt obliged to address.
The Mishimoto 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3/M4 Performance Intercooler Power Pack counters the weaknesses in BMW’s design, starting with the charge pipes. Cracking under pressure or splitting at the seams are common problems with factory plastic charge pipes. These can result in less than ideal situations as you pilot your M3 or M4. We created a brand-new design for the charge pipes that inspire more confidence in handling the boost pressure. Our design features a full aluminium construction with a cast midsection designed specifically to squeeze past the intake. Our charge pipe kit also includes a pair of matte black silicone couplers for a sleek and secure connection to the intercooler.
The nondescript silver box is out, and the stylish new Mishimoto Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler is in. With a new look, our design fits perfectly in the M3 and M4’s engine bay, both in terms of installation and aesthetics. The beauty is more than just skin deep. Our improved core design features a bar-and-plate core with a 29% increase in core volume, as well as a unique single-pass coolant flow layout for optimal heat transfer. Combined with our 16% increase in flow through the core, we were able to record a 6.7°C temperature drop in intake air temperatures while testing our full Power Pack.
An air-to-water intercooling system wouldn’t be complete without the heat exchanger. When it came to BMW’s design, it was a solid foundation, but we still saw room to grow, literally. Our full aluminium design added 6” to the height of the core, equating in a 180% increase in external fin surface area and a 60% increase in core volume. With our heat exchanger in the S55’s system, we recorded a 6°C drop in global intercooler coolant temperatures and an average gain of 11 whp and 8 wtq when the full Mishimoto 2015–2020 BMW F8X Performance Intercooler Power Pack was tested on our Stage 1 tuned M3. For added security, we made sure to include our optional steel mesh stone guard with the Mishimoto Performance Heat exchanger to keep all the tubes and fins intact. We also utilized a variable fin pitch on our heat exchanger’s core for optimal cooling on DCT-equipped vehicles.
Even though the F8X generation of the M3, M4, and M2 Competition was designed to pull ahead of the rest, there's still much to be desired when it comes to cooling. The Mishimoto 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3/M4 Performance Intercooler Power Pack is the perfect companion for your build, and like all of our products, is covered under the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
Intercooler Power Pack includes:
Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler
Performance Heat Exchanger
Heat Exchanger Stone Guard
2 Charge Pipes
2 Silicone Couplers
4 Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
There have been no reviews for this product.